Friday, August 14, 2009

Healthy Love Relationships

The biggest epiphanies often come randomly and from the most unlikely people. I recently ran into a woman I haven't seen in months. No one particularly close to me, just someone I say hi to every once in a while. We started talking about a couple that we both know, and she remarked that every time she sees them together, they're smiling and laughing. They are always happy. It's really nice to see. And I thought, That is exactly it! That's the whole reason we choose to be in relationships in the first place. To be happy, to feel good, to share joyful moments.

I mean, isn't that what it's supposed to be about? Relationships are supposed to be about being happy, right? We don't live in a perfect world, and I don't expect relationships to be without problems. But generally, the person you choose to spend most of your time with should be someone, well, fun.

There is a very serious side to committed relationships. The person you choose to be with should be someone you can trust, with both your heart and your secrets. They should be someone you can count on in a time of need, someone who offers you a shoulder to cry on. The person you give your time to should respect you, and love you for who you are. Your lover should be your best friend.

Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment